Sunday, January 11, 2009

eff the system?

Today, I'm feeling...smothered....suppressed...

Maybe it's just because tomorrow start a new semester, and at the beginning of every new semester, I seriously question my life. Here I am, paying an excessive amount of money that will put me into serious debt, to get a very good education. I will graduate with a degree that says that I attended and survived a great college. I took the classes, learned the material, passed the tests, and received a piece of paper to prove it. I fell in line with the system and did exactly what I was supposed to.

I pay an excessive amount of money, and I have NO idea what I want to do with my life.

I feel like I'm doing this whole college thing to eventually become a productive member of society...to fall in line with how I should act...what I should be. But what do I WANT to do?

I want to travel. I want to experience life. I want to create something. I want to write music and perform. I want to be irresponsible and reckless for ONCE in my life. I want to dream and I want to feel free to follow my dreams.

I want to feel like I can follow my dreams, rather than have them suppressed by the Ivory Towers...I don't want to take the safe route anymore...

Tomorrow begins a new semester. Only 3 more to go until I'm thrust out into the real world, unprepared and inexperienced. Sigh. Let's see how this one goes...

No comments: