Tuesday, July 24, 2007

in the beginning, there was nothing...

i have to admit. the fad of myspace and facebook is dead to me.
well, that's not entirely true. BUT, i do need something new.
I've found myself with fewer people worth confiding in, recently. Ergo, I need somewhere to think.

This being my first post, I feel the need to introduce myself.

This is me.
I'm half asian. You can either find me in suburbia of Chicago or at school in Milwaukee. I'm a full time student at Marquette University, studying Public Relations and Theatre. My passion lies in music and dance. I talk fast and have a lot of energy. I'm opinionated and I love to have intelligent conversations and debates. I don't believe in god or organized religion. I believe in myself. I have a million acquaintances in my life, but only a handful of people who i truly care about.

My roommate is quite possibly my long-lost sister.
I truly believe that, had it not been for her, I wouldn't have made it through my first year of college the way that I did. We're alike in some many senses of the word, it's almost creepy. But I really don't know what I would do without her, now that I've met her.


This is Joe.
This is my absolute best friend in the world. He has been, ever since 6th grade, when he was my first boyfriend. Recently, we had dated for another 2 years. College and long-distance relationships are hard, so we're going back to the basics. He is the love of my life and he manages to break my heart everyday, without even knowing it. He's the reason that I am the person I am.


Calyn is more like me than I'll ever admit, but we're more different than any two people can be.
She's been there for me when everyone else has walked away. And, although we tend to fight a lot, she's a good friend when you need someone to count on. And I could laugh with this girl for hours. Despite whatever happens today or tomorrow, I know that she'll be there in the end.


"I want to hit her, really hard"
Yes. That's my sister. I used to hate her, but what sisters DIDN'T hate each other. Now, we go to the same college and get along a lot better. Of course we still fight, but I love my sister and I don't know what I'd do without her.
(and yes, those words up there were HER words when I was first born. loving, isn't she?)


Essentially, I've discovered who my true friends are in the past year. And I've realized who I can trust and who I can't trust. Trust is huge with me. I don't trust people easily and if I lose trust, it's SO hard to get back.

Three things you MUST know about me are:
1. I am a die-hard Cubs fan
2. The way to my heart is through mashed potatoes
3. I'm sarcastic more often than I am sincere


If you've made it this far in reading, I thank you. I'm not 100% sure what I'll post in here, but it's bound to be entertaining. I have horrible insomnia, so we'll see what comes out of emily's mind in the middle of the night, as she tries to put her jumbled thoughts into words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily I have tears in my eyes. I feel honored to be in this, even though I know how much you love me because well I love you more but it was still awesome. You are a great person damnit. I still write in my livejournal to get thoughts out, so this is a fabulous idea my darling!

You have to know by my style of writing its your girlfriend, Calyn. Obviously.